Monday, July 21, 2014

Creamy Veggie Pesto Pasta

Pesto. I LOVE pesto. It taste good on everything! It's easy to make and it smells wonderful too! We eat quite a bit of pesto in this house! It's so easy to make so I always have it on hand and love that you can just about add it to anything and you have a simple yummy meal. 

Most nights by time my husband and I get home its close to 8:30 before we eat dinner. So I try and find easy, healthy meals that I can throw together quickly and bump up our dinner time. Not to mention some nights after chasing crazy children around all day I don't really want to be on my feet any longer than I already have!

 Now I realize you're probably looking at the picture above of the ingredients for this recipe and thinking to yourself "Hmm, if this is a pasta dish, where is the pasta?" Well, that's a great question. Apparently I forgot to include it in this shot. Whoops! 

Ingredients:
1 box pasta (I used penne for this one, but you can really use any pasta you like)
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 of a pint of grape tomatoes halved.
4 tablespoons pesto sauce
2 tablespoons Caesar salad dressing (also not pictured, oops!)
Start by cooking your pasta. Bring a pot of water to boil, and while that's getting going get the rest of the recipe going. If you really want to cut down your cook time, you can make the pasta the night before and then just heat it up and add it in. Chop up your chicken and halve the tomatoes and put them in whatever dish you plan on serving and mixing this in.
 Chop your spinach and add it to a pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon water. Cook your spinach until it starts to wilt, then remove it from heat. Add it to the dish with your chicken and tomatoes. When the pasta is done add that too.
 Add in your Caesar dressing and pesto sauce and mix well! You can add more if you feel like you want it, but start small. A little pesto goes a long way!
This recipe is so simple and fast yet so flavorful and fresh! I recommend adding this to your menu plan as soon as possible! And it is husband approved as well! 
Bon Appetit Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment